Instagram is a mobile and desktop photo and video sharing application that allows users to share live videos, update stories that last up to 24 hours, add hashtags and geotags, tag people globally, and send private messages to other users.
Growth and Popularity of Instagram
– There were over 1.452 billion Instagrammers by the end of April 2022.
– As of February 2022, over 200 million business profiles are using Instagram worldwide.
– Over 80% of accounts on Instagram follow at least one business profile.
– 60% of users say that they have learned about a product or service on the platform.
Checklist for Setting up a New Instagram Account
– Visit your mailbox connected to the registered email, click on the URL verification link in the confirmation email, and get your account verified.
– Decide an appealing yet easy username up to 30 characters long for your business Instagram profile. The best option is to keep your business name as your user name.
– Update a good display picture for the profile. The best-suited display picture would be your business logo.
– The bio is the 150 character description that will tell your followers what your profile is about. Make an interesting as well as informative bio for your handle.
– Add your website details so that people can connect with you.
– Add contact buttons for call or email. With just one click, your followers can get in touch with you.
How to Switch To Business Account
It is possible to have a business account only if you have a Facebook page for your business. If you don’t have a Facebook page, create one first. After doing so,
1) Go to the settings, and then scroll down to the account section.
2) Click on the “Switch to Business Profile” option and connect your account to your Facebook profile and Facebook Business Page.
3) Update your contact information including your email address, phone number, and address.
4) Once you complete these steps, your account will be officially switched to an Instagram business profile.
Benefits of Instagram Business for Service Providers
1) Easy Communication for Followers
A ‘Contact’ button will appear on your profile for your followers. Your followers have to click that button and then choose whether they want to email you, call you, or find your location on a map.
2) Inbuild Analytical Information
Instagram has rolled out its inbuilt analytical tool for business profiles – Instagram Insights. You can get the overview of impressions, reach, engagement for individual posts, and follower information within the past week.
3) Simpler Ad Creation
Click on any one of your posts after switching to the business profile, and you will find the ‘Promote’ button. You can then select text for the CTA, specific target audience, set your budget, and choose a duration for your ad to run.
4) Ability to Add Links in Stories
Instagram is now letting all business Instagram accounts with more or more followers to add links to Instagram stories. Your followers will be able to visit the website link by just swiping up.
Instagram Business Tips for Service Providers
1) Create Appealing Captions
A perfect Instagram caption is one that provides context, adds personality, inspires and lets your followers to take action, and is within 2,200 characters. You can also add relevant emojis and hashtags in the caption.
2) Make the Most of Hashtags
Hashtags are a powerful way to categorize content on many social media platforms. Use tools like All-Hashtags, Seekmetrics, and Instagram Tags to find the most popular hashtags for your posts and use up to 30 hashtags in your captions.
3) Create a Mix
Don’t limit your Instagram posts to plain images. Share different types of pictures, GIFs, Boomerang videos, Collage pictures, etc. of your workplace, smiling faces of your staff, special celebration updates, features of your products, description of your services, customer responses etc.
4) Repost Other’s Posts
Look for experts, influencers, and popular profiles related to your business. Find amazing posts on their profiles and repost them on your business account if you fall short of ideas and new posts.
5) Respond to Comments
Responding to comments is a great way to build a strong community on Instagram. Check your notification and direct message box on a regular basis, ideally twice daily, and respond to every comment professionally and calmly.
6) Advertise on Instagram
Instagram offers five ad formats for personal profiles – photos, videos, carousels, canva story ads, and story ads. Select your objective of the ad, choose the right target audience, set your budget, and select from the call-to-action buttons.
Now that you have a fair idea of how Instagram can help your business, start using it and follow the above-mentioned tips to make the most of this social media platform for your business.